Monday to Thursday: 8am - 8pm
Fridays: 8am - 5pm
Saturdays: 9am - 12noon
April 25 Anzac Day: Polytechnic closed
June 7 Queens Birthday: Polytechnic closed
June 19 Treaty Signing commemoration: Most areas open
July 3 - 18 Term Holidays: Most areas open
New Books in Our Library
We're constantly adding course related books, magazines, videos and CDs to our collections. When you visit the library ask about our new books. Contact our librarians: to recommend a book for purchase, or get email alerts for new books in your subject area. Visit the new book display at Porirua and Auckland Campus libraries. Items on display are changed regularly.
Arts exhibition in the Library
Database News : Get your Research online
EBSCO Integrated Searching : http://search.ebscohost.com/
Need lots of information? Click on "Search EBSCO" link above and click on "EBSCOhost Integrated Search" to search a selection of our databases, including:
- ABI/INFORM Global : Full Text Business Research Database One of the most comprehensive business databases on the market. It includes in-depth coverage for over 3,020 publications, with more than 2,030 available in full text. ABI/INFORM Global offers the latest business and financial information for researchers at all levels. With ABI/INFORM Global, users can find out about business conditions, management techniques, business trends, management practice and theory, corporate strategy and tactics, and competitive landscape.
- ACM Digital Library (Association for Computing Machinery)Full Text Computer Science Journals, Magazines, Proceedings The ACM Digital Library is a comprehensive collection of citations and full text from ACM publications online, including a 50+year archive of over 40 ACM journals, magazine, and peer-reviewed articles as well as ACM conference proceedings and ACM SIG newsletters. It contains over 1.4 million pages of text, with full-text articles from ACM publications dating back to the 1950’s, and third-party content with selected archives. The ACM Guide prOvides access to more than 900,000 bibliographic sources and citations from computing books, journals, proceedings and theses beyond ACM’s proprietary literature. The ACM Digital Library also enables users to create their own bookshelf within the library, to organize, store and share articles of interest, and to build bibliographies for future reference.
- Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre Multidisciplinary full-text with focus on regional Aus/NZ content Combines Australasian magazines, newspapers, newswires and reference books to create the largest collection of regional full text content available to libraries in Oceania. This database includes leading Australia/NZ periodicals and international periodicals in full text; full text reference books; over 80,000 full text biographies and an Image Collection of over 502,000 photos, maps and flags Provider: EBSCO
- Health & Wellness Resource Center Full Text Health (Consumer) Database Provides multiple pathways to key information for both novice and experienced searchers. Users can quickly retrieve the latest news, review a set of subject lists and find concise results in seconds. And new periodical and newspapers articles are added daily so researchers are never more than a click away from the latest information.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library Reference Books Database Takes research to the next level by delivering great reference print titles you and your patrons rely on in a database format. Just imagine having no shelf space issues, no torn pages and providing equal access to — and full circulation of — multi-volume sets for main libraries, branch libraries and your patrons … Gale Virtual Reference Library makes it a reality.
- Gale General OneFile : Full Text General Articles and Newspapers (Peer Reviewed) Provides access to an unprecedented number of periodicals. Users rely on General OneFile for access to periodical and news content as well as indexing from a variety of general and specialized journals – from the New York Times and Christian Science Monitor to refereed academic journals.
- JSTOR : Full Text Academic Database JSTOR is a not–for–profit organization dedicated to helping the scholarly community discover, use, and build upon a wide range of intellectual content in a trusted digital archive. Our overarching aims are to preserve a record of scholarship for posterity and to advance research and teaching in cost–effective ways. We operate a research platform that deploys information technology and tools to increase productivity and facilitate new forms of scholarship. We collaborate with organizations that can help us achieve our objectives and maximize the benefits for the scholarly community.
- MasterFILE Premier : Full-text general-interest business, health, education resource Designed specifically for public libraries, this multidisciplinary database provides full text for nearly 1,700 general reference publications with full text information dating as far back as 1975. Covering virtually every subject area of general interest, MasterFILE Premier also contains full text for nearly 500 reference books and over 164,400 primary source documents, as well as an Image Collection of over 502,000 photos, maps & flags. This database is updated daily via EBSCOhost.
- Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center : Full Text Current Events Newspapers, Magazines Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center is the premier full-text resource covering today’s hottest social issues, from Terrorism to Endangered Species, Stem Cell Research to Gun Control. Drawing on acclaimed series published by Greenhaven Press and other Gale imprints, Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center brings together all the information that’s needed to fully understand an issue: pro and con viewpoint articles, reference articles that provide context, full-text magazines, academic journals, and newspapers, primary source documents, government and organizational statistics, multimedia, including images and podcasts, links to hand-selected web sites, and more!
- ProQuest Education Journals Gives users access to over 760 top educational publications, including more than 600 of the titles in full text.
- ProQuest ProQuest Health & Medical Complete : Full Text Health Reference Database ProQuest Health and Medical Complete combines the clinical research titles available in ProQuest Medical Library with hundreds of additional consumer and health administration titles. ProQuest Health and Medical Complete provides in-depth coverage from over 1,440 publications with nearly 1,200 available in full text and of these, over 970 include MEDLINE indexing.
- ProQuest ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Source : Full Text Health and Nursing Database ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Source provides users with reliable healthcare information covering nursing, allied health, alternative and complementary medicine. Provides abstracting and indexing for more than 780 titles, with over 650 titles in full-text, plus more than 12,000 full text dissertations representing the most rigorous scholarship in nursing and related fields
- Proquest ProQuest Psychology Journals Provides abstracts and indexing for more than 640 titles, with over 540 titles available in full text. Users get access to charts, diagrams, graphs, tables, photos, and other graphical elements essential to psychological research.
- ProQuest ProQuest Social Science Journals Includes a variety of full text scientific journals.
- PubMed : Biomedical and Life Sciences Content PubMed Central is a free digital archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), developed and managed by NIH's National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) in the National Library of Medicine (NLM). With PubMed Central, NLM has taken the lead in preserving and maintaining access to the electronic literature, just as it has done for decades with the printed biomedical literature. PubMed Central aims to fill the role of a world class library in the digital age.
- ScienceDirect : Full Text Scientific, Technical, and Medical Resource An information source for scientific, technical, and medical research. Provider: Elsevier
Visit our Library Catalogue Home Page
A great starting point for research. Find out more about the library resources, and search our research collections - http://library.whitireia.ac.nz/